“Medicine heals the body, meditation heals your soul. But their function is the same – healing.” Osho
This Trauma Healing course can help you to clear your bodymind of the shocks that accumulated when you were unable to process the energy of certain events in a natural way – in situations where you felt overwhelmed and disempowered.
Allowing the body to fully process trauma
In an atmosphere of meditation, love and respect, we use the techniques of Somatic Experiencing® to provide an emotionally safe space from which the energy of traumatic events can be safely and carefully reexperienced and released from the bodymind.
WHY ATTEND THIS COURSE?
“And we have to change that trauma. Otherwise humanity is going to remain the same – always afraid of the unknown, fearful, not courageous, not looking for adventure, not looking for and discovering new spaces.” Osho
Trauma avoidance only makes things worse
We often try to manage unresolved trauma through medication, self-medication with addictions, or by intellectualizing our emotions and projecting our pain externally into various “causes”. But the effects of trauma remain in the nervous system and continue to run our lives. Real healing from trauma arises only from only from the inner work of transformation through awareness.
Regaining self-trust, coming home
Traumatic events impair our ability to trust in existence. Even more devastating, our self-trust is undermined. Without this trust in ourselves and our own instincts and perceptions, we are adrift and remain open to further trauma. In this course you will learn to trust yourself again and learn how to nurture your own self trust through meditation and the alchemical practice of witnessing.
“You were trying everything to remove the misery, but it was caused by your unawareness, by your unconsciousness, by your ignorance of your own being. That was the cause. And unless that cause is removed, you will never have a taste of blissfulness, of ecstasy, of immortality, of the divineness of existence.” Osho
Symptoms of buried trauma
- Issues around trust, particularly self-trust
- The obsessive need for control
- Panic attacks
- Feeling overly responsible – high levels of self-blame
- Unreasonable attempts to rescue others
- Difficulty with relationships and attachment
- Suicidal thoughts
- Feelings of worthlessness and ongoing depression
- High levels of conflict avoidance
- Eating disorders and/or self-harm
- Constantly feeling like a victim and overreacting to perceived slights
Regaining your trust will transform your reality
“Trust is an inner eye. Just as the two outer eyes are for seeing the universe, there is a third eye inside of you whose name is trust. With this eye of trust the divine is seen. The eye of trust means the eye of love. There are some things which only love can know. There is no other way to know them. If you love someone you will see certain things in the person that no one else will see. You will see in that person a sweetness that no one else can see. That sweetness is delicate and the touch of love is needed for it, only then is it revealed.” Osho
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- To develop a new, healthier relationship with your bodymind and emotions.
- To release blocked energy and become more alive and flowing.
- Techniques for use in situations that would normally trigger shock or shame, so that you can process them easily and naturally and return to inner balance.
- How to access your own inbuilt alchemical superpower – witnessing – to transmute trauma into awareness and joy.
- You will learn to face life with courage and confidence, accepting that its ongoing challenges are not a sign that life is victimizing you, but a gift from existence that helps you to keep growing in awareness, in love, in joy, in celebration.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- A LIVE online weekend course. Saturday and Sunday. Two 3-hour sessions each day with breaks
- Various techniques to bring awareness and insight to your trauma based issues
- Practical awareness tools for everyday Life
- Group processes and group sharing
- Osho quotes and insights into meditation and witnessing as a path to freedom
- Q&A sessions with facilitator
- OSHO Active Meditations
TIMES ARE SHOWN IN YOUR LOCAL TIME ZONE.
Richa graduated with an honors degree in psychology, with guidance and counseling as her double majors and went on to expand her understanding by completing an MA in psychology. She has a master’s degree in journalism and mass communication, but her passion has always been interacting and working with people and sharing her skills and life experience.
“As you start looking inwards, you are amazed: you were ignoring yourself, and that was the trouble. That was why you were in misery, anxiety, suffering. You were trying everything to remove the misery, but it was caused by your unawareness, by your unconsciousness, by your ignorance of your own being. That was the cause. And unless that cause is removed, you will never have a taste of blissfulness, of ecstasy, of immortality, of the divineness of existence.” - Osho