In order for you to participate in one of our programs or programs, we need to collect certain personal information about you. Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we won’t ask you unnecessary questions. Any information we receive about you will be subject to strict controls to minimize the risk of misuse, including unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, your personal data.
This includes consenting to the processing of any sensitive personal information you provide, as described below in Section 2. It also includes information you provide when you browse our social media sites or website, participate in one of our programs and when you contact us for other reasons.
A special note about children
Children are not eligible to use OSHO International Online Services. We respectfully ask that minors (persons under the age of 18) do not submit any information to us or use OSHO International Online services.
2. What information we collect
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information when you browse our social media sites or website and when you contact us for other reasons.
Booking Information we may collect from you and Payment
We gather basic information about you so that we can book you smoothly onto meetings. This includes your first and last name, email address. We ask if you are male or female because some courses, classes and sessions are single sex. We ask where you are in the world so that we can understand where most of our clients are, and can adjust our services accordingly. We also ask for your year of birth so we can adjust our services accordingly. The only time that we will ask for your exact date and place of birth is for sessions which require that information such as OSHO Astrology. You are not obliged to provide that information if you prefer to tell your session giver or facilitator verbally.
- To pay for attendance at a OSHO International Online program you may be asked to provide debit/credit card details, including the long number, start and expiry dates and the card verification value code (CVV/CVC). If you require a refund for one of our programs we may require your bank information in order to process this refund. In either case, your information will not be retained by us, but by the banking institution in the country where you have applied for the workshop, and/or PayPal or Stripe according to their regulations. PayPal is PCI compliant through PayFlow. We do not store credit card details, nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties. We only retain your name, e-mail address, payment date and payment amount.
When we communicate
When you communicate with us for customer service or other purposes, including by phone, e-mail or using other methods, we retain that information and our responses to you. When we speak to you by telephone, Skype, Zoom, or WhatsApp, through the Schedule a Call, we collect your name, e-mail, Skype Name, and phone number.
Information we collect when you use our website
When you use the OSHO International Online website we collect information about the device you are using, such as your IP Address, Browser type, Settings, Plugins and Plugin Settings, Device Type, Operating System, IMEI Number, MAC Address, Wired or Wireless Connection, Mobile or fixed-line phone carrier or network. When you are using our site we collect Google Analytics Metrics, Behavioural Information such as mouse-overs, clicks, cursor patterns, and site movements. When you arrive at or leave our website we collect to/from URLs, click-throughs from paid advertisements, search engines or links on partner websites.
We place 1st party cookies, 3rd party cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies. The cookies we place are persistent and can be blocked by adjusting your browser settings.
Information about third parties
If it is necessary for you to provide personal information about other individuals in the course of dealing with us, for example emergency contact names or phone numbers, you should do so only where you are authorized by those individuals.
Although the information on third parties is stored for a certain period of time in compliance with applicable law, we will not use it to market to third parties.
Information about you from other sources
When you pay for your workshop through PayPal or Stripoe, your financial data is captured as described above. We otherwise do not collect information about you from other sources, except in the rare situation where you may leave a program early, the course leader or facilitator may provide you, and OSHO International Online, with a recommendation for follow-up work.
3. How we use your information
Our primary purpose in collecting your information is to provide you with a safe and meaningful program experience. We use this information to determine the suitability of the workshop for you. We appreciate the sensitivity of this information and will ensure it is kept secure and only used and disclosed when required to individuals who need to, including the workshop organizer, the organizer or facilitator conducting your pre-workshop interview, and the workshop leaders and facilitators. By submitting your information to OSHO International Online and using OSHO International Online Services you agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests
We will use your information to process your registration, ensure the workshop is a good fit for you at the time of your application, and so that we can provide you with the best experience possible based on your individual needs. We ask whether or not you have any criminal convictions, as that will help us determine the suitability of the program for both you, and for the other people on the program.
Communication and customer service
We communicate with our users on a regular basis via e-mail to provide requested services, including:
- Responding to customer comments and inquiries;
- Sending information and follow-on communications to those who have requested more information;
- Sending guidelines for professionals and follow-on communications to therapists who have requested more information;
- Communicating with you regarding your interest or registration in one of our programs;
- send you information about important changes to our products and services, including notice of any times that our services may not be available; and
- send notices and other disclosures required by law.
We communicate with our users via phone, Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp to provide these two requested services:
- If you schedule a call, we may conduct this call via phone, Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp, based on your preference; and
If you do not wish to receive our service communications in a particular way, please contact us to advise us of your preferred communication method.
We also use your e-mail address to send you other types of communications that you can control, including newsletters, after-workshop recommendations, customer surveys and special promotions. These communications are to:
- provide you with information about programs or programs offered by OSHO International Online, or offer programs that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or attended;
- provide articles, blogs and videos, along with information on our deeply enriching, life-changing personal growth and development programs;
- Provide updates on the programs or programs we offer, and promotional offers when available;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website;
- Send information such as schedules, product news and update e-mails, and marketing offers;
- keep you informed in the area of personal growth and development; and
- tell you about new products, programs or other projects we are developing that you may find useful or interesting.
You can choose whether to receive some, all or none of these communications and the methods by which you receive them by updating your preferences by e-mailing us and requesting an amendment of your preferences. One of our administrators will respond to your request in person.
We will use this information to improve and streamline our website design to offer a better user experience and product to the customer and a more effective conversion of prospects.
Location information / IP (Internet Protocol) address:
We will use information about your location, derived from your IP address to:
- Understand where our potential clients are located, so we know where best to offer our programs;
- Provide geographically targeted advertising; and
- For segmental analysis based on your country.
Third party information
We may use anonymized third party information collected from Google Analytics to:
- Improve and streamline our website design to offer a better user experience and product to the customer and a more effective conversion of prospects.
- Improve existing, and develop new, products, services, on and off-line marketing, and capabilities
- To assess users’ interests and needs
Questionnaires, surveys, and competitions
From time to time we may offer you optional questionnaires, surveys and competitions. If you choose to answer these questionnaires, surveys or competitions, we may use your information to:
- Improve existing, and develop new, products, services, on and off-line marketing, and capabilities;
- To collect demographic information for segmental analysis; and
- To assess users’ interests and needs.
Post-workshop survey feedback will be shared with our leaders and facilitators, as well as our office staff, to help us understand how people experience our workshops (from the beginning of the registration process to our aftercare), to study the effectiveness of our workshops, and to make improvements where recommended and needed.
You will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to your participation in the survey, questionnaire, or competition.
5. Do Not Track Option
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the Sites you visit, instructing that you do not want your online activities to be tracked; however, these features are not uniform and there is no common standard that has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators. Be aware that this is different from blocking or deleting cookies, and that browsers with “do not track” features enabled may still accept cookies. We take privacy and meaningful choice seriously. We continue to monitor developments related to “do not track” browser technology and the implementation of a standard. While Sites do not currently recognize and respond to “do not track” signals, if we do in the future, we will update this Policy to describe.
6. Sharing information with third parties
To support our business and provide services to you
OSHO International Online works with third-party service providers who provide important functions that allow us to review and understand website visitor behavior, safely and securely store the data you send us and pre-workshop interview notes, send newsletters and communications (only upon opt-in), and administrate your registration in our workshops.
We will not sell your data. We only share your data with third parties that share our mission or whom we work with (including Planyo, Zoom, WordPress, MailChimp, Tidio, and Putler) to make your process of booking as smooth as possible and to simplify and minimize the administration. We may change these partners from time to time or add new partners.
For example, if you do not have an account with Zoom, we will create one for you automatically and register you onto the event of your choice. To do this we will share your name and email address with Zoom. You can cancel your account with Zoom at any time and we never see your Zoom login password.
We will also pass basic information about you to our MailChimp partner who manages sending out newsletters. If you have not previously subscribed to our newsletter provider (currently MailChimp) then you will have to confirm your agreement (double opt-in). You can always unsubscribe from receiving newsletters at any time.
- Google Analytics uses analytics metrics to review and understand customer behavior on our site, including linking to your IP address.
- Google Analytics and our website hosting provider use IP information to review and understand customer behavior on our site.
- If you book a course or request information about a course through our Contact Form or through e-mail, your information is passed to a Program Advisor in the relevant country who will contact you about your booking or course availability, or to provide additional information about the course.
- When you register for one of our courses, the information you submit is sent to either our SSL-protected Customer Management System, which is hosted by our website hosting provider, or to our Customer Relationship Management System.
Credit card associations and legal process
We may also disclose necessary information in response to the requirements of credit card associations or a civil or criminal legal process.
We may disclose or share your information to enforce or apply the “Terms and Conditions” and other agreements between you and us, or to investigate potential breaches to protect the rights, property, or safety of OSHO International Online, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations and, if required, to obtain professional advice.
Where required by law
We may disclose necessary information to the police and other law enforcement agencies where we are legally compelled and/or permitted to do so.
7. Transferring data overseas
OSHO International Online is committed to adequately protecting your information regardless of where the data resides and to providing appropriate protection for your information where such data is transferred outside of the EEA.
The laws in some countries may not provide as much legal protection for your information as in the EEA. In these circumstances, our policy to protect your data is to rely on findings of adequacy by the European Commission (for countries in scope of those findings), the EU-US Privacy Shield (for transfers to the USA) or standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission or the UK Information Commissioner (for all other countries).
8. Data Retention Policy
We are obliged by law to retain your data for 7 years after it is submitted. In some circumstances, such as an enquiry from a law enforcement agency, we may have to hold it longer. We may also retain information if required to protect our interests, for example in case of litigation. When data falls outside those retention periods we will take steps to delete it from our system.
9. Systems Security Policy
We will do our best to protect your information, however we cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us by e-mail or other non-secure electronic methods; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use protective procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
System security and monitoring
Our server is protected with an SSL certificate. Where we use hosted services (such as Salesforce, AWeber, and our website hosting provider) we rely on their integrated security measures and you can read their security policies for added reassurance.
We keep our security technology up to date to protect your information, but we do not have control over the devices you use to access OSHO International Online services.
It is your responsibility to safeguard your online information and transactions by taking all reasonable measures which may include the following:
- Do not share your information or provide any opportunities for anyone to gain access to your information through your devices, including tablets, phones, watches or laptops.
- Do not click on any internet link contained in an e-mail or SMS which directs you to a OSHO International Online website. Always manually type our address into your internet browser.
- Log out and close your browser before visiting other websites once you have completed your transactions.
- Ensure that you use the latest version of your internet browser and that you have up-to-date anti-virus, firewall and other security software installed on your device.
10. Customer rights
You have the following rights:
To ask us to correct any information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
We always endeavor to keep your information accurate and we welcome your corrections. You can correct your profile at any time by e-mailing us.
To ask us to erase your information if we no longer have any reason to hold it, also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’.
Our Data Retention Policy (see section 7) explains the circumstances when we can or are obliged to retain information, however outside of those periods we will delete your information in line with our data retention policy and on request. We will maintain a record that you made an erasure request to reduce the likelihood of us contacting you in the future, but we will use that information for no other purpose.
To ask us to return to you the information you provided to us, also known as ‘data portability’.
You can ask us to send you in electronic format the information you provided to us under consent, or for the performance of a contract between us.
To ask us not to process your information where you previously gave consent or where we are exercising our legitimate interest.
If you make a request for us to stop processing your information, we will investigate to see if there is a compelling reason for processing to continue and will discuss the conclusion of the investigation with you.
You cannot object to processing which is a legal obligation or where we must process your information to satisfy a contract to which you are a party. If you previously gave consent and we processed your data on the basis of that consent, you cannot object to that past processing, however you can ask us to stop processing it in the future.
To ask not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling.
OSHO International Online puts the human factor at the heart of our customer service. We do not carry out any profiling or other automated decision making.
To ask for a copy of the information we currently hold about you.
We will endeavor to respond to your request within 30 days, however at time of high demand we may need 90 days to compile a full response.
To ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes.
You can do this by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information, or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link(s) at the foot of every marketing or promotional e-mail, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Contacting us
12. Complaints to us
If you believe that we have breached a privacy law with which we should comply, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We aim to respond in a reasonable time, normally within 30 days. We will review and respond to your complaint and will give you additional information about how it will be managed.
13. Complaints to the UK Information Commissioner
You have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the Information Commissioner please see their website.
14. California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data. As a business covered by the CCPA, we do not sell Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with third parties or allow them to collect Personal Data from our Sites if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data, or if you use our Sites or Products to interact with third parties or direct us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties.
California law requires that we detail the categories of Personal Data that we share or disclose for certain “business purposes,” such as disclosures to service providers that assist us with securing our services or marketing our Products. We disclose the following categories of Personal Data for our business purposes:
- Commercial information;
- Internet activity information;
- Financial information;
- Professional and employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
California law grants state residents certain rights, including the rights to access specific types of Personal Data, to learn how we process Personal Data, to request deletion of Personal Data, and not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and have registered for an a program with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our sites. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, because, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
We may need to verify your identity and place of residence before completing your CCPA rights request.
last updated 3rd October 2021