“Those who have known death from inside lose all fear of death. Instead of death being an ugly and fearful thing, it changes into one of most sublime experiences.” Osho
The fear of death runs like an undercurrent through our lives so we never really embrace life fully, never learn to let go and to trust. Most of us are unwilling to even acknowledge the reality of death until we are on our deathbed. Only then do all our doubts, the realization of what we have to say goodbye to, and our regrets, begin to surface – and we may no longer have the time or resources to address them.
Transform your living and your dying
This course provides the intelligent alternative: while we are physically and mentally capable, in a loving and supportive environment we can face the inescapable fact of our mortality. That not only transforms our understanding of dying but also enhances the quality of our living.
Optional ways to participate
This is available as a stand-alone course or as the first of the five modules that comprise the online OSHO Bardo Training.
WHY ATTEND THIS COURSE?
- To explore, consciously and voluntarily, what death means for us personally, while we are still able.
- To identify the issues that come up, so that we can address them and so have a greater possibility of both dying in peace and also of living a richer, more fulfilling life.
- To practice some meditative approaches that enable us to be with strong emotions.
- Having faced our own death and what that means to us we have the best qualification to support others – a relative, a friend, a patient – in their approaching death.
- With a felt understanding of death we are better able to provide our children not with religious or cultural beliefs and superstitions but with a realistic and experiential view of what it can mean to die.
- To lessen or dissolve completely the fear of death so that we can move more deeply into meditation, into death and into life itself.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Of course, each participant’s experience will be unique to them.
Generally speaking, you can learn how to be with a range of feelings, without repressing or being overwhelmed by them; how meditation is the perfect way to “rehearse” the process we call dying, and to become so familiar with it, that fear can be lessened or dissolved completely. Through your own encounter with dying, you will gain important insights that will be a support in helping someone who is dying; you will have “walked in their shoes.” You can be more comfortable when talking about death, pain and loss to children.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- A LIVE online course. Saturday and Sunday. Two 3-hour sessions each day with breaks
- Any materials provided
OSHO Dynamic, OSHO Kundalini Meditation and the OSHO Evening Meeting are essential parts of any course booked on OIO and if you haven’t done, please make sure you have subscribed to iOSHO prior to the course starting. Once subscribed you will be able to do the meditations in the time and place suggested by the facilitator. Currently there is a free, 7-day trial, available. If the course you’ve booked is longer than 7 days, we suggest that you subscribe for one month.
TIMES ARE SHOWN IN YOUR LOCAL TIME ZONE.
About Maneesha & Sudheer
Maneesha’s sessions – on meditation, all life-related issues and those around dying – are based on her over 47 years’ experience of meditation. As a qualified psychotherapist, she has gained an added awareness of the human psyche.
Sudheer has been a meditator for over 50 years and has a gentleness that makes him very relaxing to be around. As a teenager Sudheer was fascinated by the big questions: What is life? What is death? – his favorite book at that time was The Tibetan Book of the Dead, a kind of guidebook for the afterlife.