“Don’t be serious – just play.” Osho
Meditation is not a serious business – cannot be a serious business. Meditation is a profound relaxation into non-seriousness.
Meditative techniques are ways of standing back and gaining distance from the chatter of the mind. Osho’s The Book of the Secrets contains 112 techniques that will help you become familiar with what Osho calls “the quality of mind that brings meditation.” We have chosen two of these techniques that can be done anywhere, at any time – on the bus, sitting in front of the computer, taking a walk.
With practice these techniques can be integrated into your life – almost like breathing.
“Meditation is a way to go within yourselves to that depth where thoughts don’t exist, so it is not indoctrination. It is not teaching you anything, in fact, it is just making you alert to your inner capacity to be without thought, to be without mind.” Osho
WHY ATTEND THIS COURSE?
Whether you are new to meditation or have been meditating for some time, this course will show you ways to bring more tranquility, more silence, more joy, to your life.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- You will learn two invaluable meditative tools to use in your daily life, as a way of growing in awareness.
- You will have an experience of meditation as being much easier than you think.
- You will gain the confidence that comes from knowing how to quieten your mind when it is getting out-of-hand.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- A LIVE online weekend course. Saturday and Sunday. Approximately 1.5 hours a day
- One meditation each day in 3 or 4 stages, accompanied by the music especially composed for the meditation
- There will be a short introduction and some movement before each meditation
TIMES ARE SHOWN IN YOUR LOCAL TIME ZONE.
Shunyo has been practicing Osho meditation techniques for forty-five years, during which time she has travelled extensively throughout the world conducting courses, trainings and meditation retreats.
Shunyo’s training in meditation and awareness began whilst living for fourteen years in close contact with Osho, as part of his personal staff.
Music and movement are an important part of Shunyo’s work in her courses, and this, coupled with her intuitive, heartfelt way of working, allows participants to touch very deep levels of peace and silence. Music by Veet Marco has been specifically created as a support in the meditations.
“As you become skilful, as you learn the knack of not getting involved in the mind, as you learn the art of remaining aloof, away from the mind, as you learn the science of creating a distance between you and your own thoughts, more and more meditation will be showering on you. The more it showers, the more it transforms you. A day comes, a day of great blessings, when meditation becomes your natural state.” - Osho